sometimes I walk out of Monroe and scream

I’m starting to get frustrated.

First, let me say, that I have this other pretty important paper I need to work on (pretty furiously) over the next few days, so my involvement with this, which has been pretty much 90% of my time, will decrease slightly. The combination of the two projects is a significant factor in the tone of this post. Hopefully, the “progress” that we’ve made lately won’t be stalled because of this other paper. But, sorry, I have spent faaaar too much time on the alumni project. Let me know if you want to help me with my 485 because that would be great.

So where am I at, yo? Well, I’ve scanned in all of my sections of the Bullet. 1940-1950: DONE. 1990-present: DONE. Those fellas are all up on Omeka. Most of them are in the T-line. In case you are wondering, the firefox spell check thinks T-line is a real word, while does not recognize timeline. So that’s pretty much all I can do right now.

I’m getting worried that we aren’t going to be able to get to the point where we’re happy with our final product. I want things to be able to come together. I think we’re getting there, but it’s still a far way off in the distance.

My list of things we need to do:

• Edit interviews: I know Roxanne has done a bunch of interviews that need to be edited. We need to split that up. 1) so we all have plenty of opportunity to contribute to the project 2) so it’s done fassst. I’m talking lightening speed here. Like as fast as it take our classroom to get stinky. THAT FAST! Or am I not supposed to talk about that…
  • A high priority thing, hopefully very (very very very) soon: Look at each of the profiles on the website. If there are people you have interviewed that are not on that list, email me with their names and information for the card. For people that ARE on the list, if any information is missing or can be added to the card EMAIL THAT. That stuff includes: Grad. Year, Hometown, Photo etc…
  • Contact interviewees about sending in their material for our archive section.
  • Put transcripts of each interview into Omeka.
  • Scan questionnaire sheets/put those into Omeka.
  • Scan in the rest of the Bullet Articles.

My problem is that a lot of this stuff is, at least at this point, not in my hands. The frustrating part is that this list has been up on a googledoc for a little more than a week and I haven’t gotten much response. But I guess there is nothing I can do.

My roommate reminded me last night that I could have not done history as a second major. I’m not the quiting type, but can I drop it and still graduate in the spring?

3 Responses to “sometimes I walk out of Monroe and scream”

1. Just sometimes?

2. I do that every day….

And yes, you could drop history and still graduate, but you still need 122 credits to graduate….

More generally, part of group projects is depending on your group to do its part.

Hang in there on the other project….

3. I think we’re all getting frustrated and if we’re not, we’re not working hard enough. But at least you wait until you leave Monroe to scream; the lobby normally hears me. But hang in there, group projects are tough on everyone.